• This day has been nothing short of exciting for the cryptocurrency markets. In fact, it has been a wild ride for all markets, and that’s to be expected – after all, the 2020 US Presidential Elections are currently taking place.
• As the officials are counting the last ballots in a few states, the situation is particularly dense, and markets are rather jittery and riddled with uncertainty. At this point, it has become rather clear that the vote could go either way.
• Bitcoin, however, is on a steady way up, and it seems that there’s nothing holding it back. After a tumultuous day of trading, the cryptocurrency has just painted a fresh high for 2020, currently sitting at prices that we last saw in early January 2018.
• At the time of this writing, Bitcoin is trading slightly above $14,150, having reached an intraday high of $14,230 on Bitstamp.
• As CryptoPotato reported earlier today, the cryptocurrency tapped above $14,000 in anticipation of the voting results.
• However, ever since then, it was all downhill for BTC, touching an intraday low of around $13,520.
• And this is when things took a turn for the better. In the past few hours, the price has been increasing steadily to break the previous 2020 high.
• Meanwhile, we have yet to see the final results of the US Presidential Elections. Currently, however, betters are favoring Joe Biden over Donald Trump heavily.
SET UP ALERTS: Sign up for early email alerts on the top news and ICOs.